Friday, December 24, 2010

Isaac comes to play.

December 6, 2010

My very close friend and former roommate, Cristina, lives in Houston with her husband Aaron, her son Isaac, and Baby Knape #2 on the way. I wasn't sure how we were going to see each other because I was back and forth so much between Austin, Cuero, and College Station. I never made it to Houston. She totally went out of her way to come to Cuero, for the day, to meet the boys and so I could hug her in person. She is a part-time nurse at M.D. Anderson, so for her to drive for the day, during the holidays=extra-special friend.

When she arrived the boys were napping, but I got to see Isaac all grown up in full toddler-hood. He rocked on the rocking horse and kept asking who the guy in the pictures was. Cristina said, "That's Bill" (my Dad). So every picture he saw, he would say, "Beel" with a strong country accent. It was too cute!
Finally the boys woke up and ate for a bit so we were able to play and take some pictures.
Isaac and Cristina got on their way after a BBQ Station lunch. She was so sweet to drive down for a couple hours so our kids could meet. Next time she'll have her second little one--can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment