Sunday, August 7, 2011

Reunion in Venezia!

July 11, 2011

Last summer my cousin Mary Jane started emailing me that her and her extended family, girls only, would be traveling to Italy in July 2011 and would like to meet up if possible. Their tour took them into Venice for 1.5 days and it was a perfect time for me to meet up with them. They are on the Porter side of my mom's family, where Porter's name came from, originally my middle name. It was a great way to spend a day and so fun to meet up in Venice. They only had a few hours so we ate at a restaurant directly out of the train terminal. Also because it was just me and the stroller and Venice is silly with a stroller.

Sadly, not only was it a work-day for Evan, but he had a trial going on. Double whammy! The boys were serious troopers though. It was disgustingly hot on the train. I was able to get an Italian teenager to help me lift the stroller onto the train through the just-wide-enough door. We had to stay in the middle part between cars and stand in the doorway. I'm pretty sure an entire container of goldfish was consumed on the way there, but I took 2 favorite books and they were entertained.
Molly (right) has identical, twin boys who are now 15. She took Porter out of the stroller and never let go. Eli was passed around to almost everyone and had a great time.
After lunch I caught the next train back to Sacile. NOT crowded at all, a nicer train, and the boys slept the entire time. I have missed two family reunions, so this was a fun and unique way to meet up with family halfway across the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment