Sunday, August 7, 2011

Ciao Joni & Stella!

July 16, 2011

Tonight we went to the Watson's house for a joint going-away for Joni and Stella.

There are always lots of hands around to play with the boys. Ella is helping Eli toddle.
Stella, one of the guests of honor, on the right.
Linda and Sonia, our Italian grand-mothers, work in the office.
Part of the Motley crew.
Deb outdoes herself every time on the set-up.
Lt Col Watson getting some of the homemade goodies.
Porter and Eli walked around the fabulous yard with their wagon. They also loved peeking through the porch wall. The Watsons also have a beautiful view of the mountains, as they live in Dardago, which is on the way up into the mountains. It is gorgeous, open yard and they have a trampoline, which I may or may not have jumped on with all the other little ones. To be honest, I was wearing a sundress before we left and Evan mentioned that the Watsons had a trampoline. I quickly changed to shorts in hopes that bouncing would be allowed--it was. We played Crack the Egg. I miss having a trampoline.
Ladies enjoying dessert!
Joni is very generous--she hosted us for Christmas last year, even with our 2 little bundles. Joni is also good for a laugh. She got into a little fender bender early on here in Aviano. It was not her fault at all, really, but after the Carabinieri investigated and gathered information, it was decided—she was at fault. She was wearing flip-flops. No question, she was guilty. She is headed to Dyess AFB in Texas.
Porter looking into the cooler. I think this was when he started grabbing pieces of ice and taking them out.
Evan assisted Stella with her application/interview process for the JAG Corps back in Little Rock. It was serendipitous that her first assignment was Aviano and we followed her here. Every now and then Stella and I would sit and chat about the food we miss from Little Rock. Stella is such a sweet person and she will be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment