Sunday, August 7, 2011

Aviano Moms

August 1, 2011

Anyone who has been pregnant here at Aviano knows this lady. Patty is one of the lactation consultants. Patty came to the hospital in Pordenone when the boys were born and brought me tons of stuff and helped me with the Italian baby nurses and was very supportive to me in my new journey.
This week is World Breastfeeding Awareness Week, and Aviano celebrated by giving nursing moms a coin to add to their collection. The coin had a kid logo (like the blue cake) on one side and the 31st Fighter Wing pic on the other side.
Christy and Sadie attended!
I sat with Sadie for a bit while Christy got her food.
Way to go Aviano moms and babies!
Receiving my coin with a tip to "Be a Mentor" to someone else starting their journey. Evan was able to come and eat lunch with us, and take pictures of our table of moms getting their coins.

3 comments:

  1. So....wanna be my mentor??? :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I've been meaning to ask you, how was your experience at Pordenone? We're due in Dec and I'm hoping they'll have space on base, but I feel like I'm not going to have enough time once I get back to Italy (at 32+ weeks pg) to figure all this stuff out. =S I'm a little nervous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want a coin! :) Oh, all the fun I'm missing being in the states.

    ReplyDelete