On Tuesday I joined a few other spouses from the Aviano Officers and Civilian Spouses Club (AOCSC) in a shopping outing. We met in Vigonovo and visited two shops: one with wedding/baptismal gifts and the other a handmade pottery painting place. I will surely return to the pottery place for some personalized gifts,but with about 12 of us in Silvia's little shop it was a little overwhelming.
After that I carpooled with the Lauras (Smith & Guenzel) and a new friend Karlen to wine and olive oil tasting. They were harvesting so we could not see the production but it was so interesting to hear how little oil they get from a load of olives. This particular place focuses on quality so their oil is a bit more expensive--the more times the slicers cut through the olives, the more you get, but the quality goes down. So their slicers only work a little bit but their olive oil is delicious.
Below is the group at the tasting. The teeny cups were used for the olive oil--weird drinking it out of a cup instead of with some bread and cheese!

This is Laura Smith. Thanks to her I have pictures from our outing. Cheers with our olive oil.

Here is our carpool group in the vineyards. We found out they allow helpers to come and pick the olives for harvesting. They are booked for this year but maybe next year!

It was a fun outing and I look forward to more. The wine was great and a even greater price and I walked away for some spicy olive oil for Evan.
No comments:
Post a Comment