Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Do You See What I See?

As I am cleaning the house, preparing for Ashley and Matt, I have closed the windows because of a little construction project going on in our entry to the driveway. All the dust that is churned up will float inside the screens and nestle in to our daily lives. No problem.
After their two hour reposo, the Italians buzzed me and I promptly go downstairs. Do they need in my gate? Do you need some water? Whatever can I do to make you leave in time for me to pick up Evan and oh, by the way, we're having our first visitors. Tomorrow. Again, no problem.

Well, as you can see, if you see what I see, there is now a problem.

"La maquina...caput". Domani (tomorrow) we should be able to fix it. After thrusting my hips in a "move-the-machine-outta-the-way" movement and pleading with the "muy fuerte" (Spanish more familiar than Italian still) men to do something, they measured with a stick. They are convinced the 4-runner will fit. The attorney's wife in me is positive that with this hard core piece of evidence, should anything happen, we'll be in the right. But probably not, since they would argue that they measured. With their stick.

1 comment: