Saturday, October 31, 2009

Fall in Sacile.

October 26-27th, 2009

We kept ourselves occupied while Evan was at work--even working through a tire leak two days in a row! Ross and Janet participated in my favorite activity...coffee, and yes I think of it as a verb. It's just down the street, and I'm here almost daily with Hollie and Ceci. Un cappucino and brioche cioccolato per favore.
Fall is in full swing in Sacile.
Janet & Ross in one of the most picturesque places in Sacile with the Livenza River in the background.
This is our house. The entire place. No, not really. We have the top left half--as in the small top left window and the middle-top window is our kitchen.
We joined Evan on base for lunch, and we saw the trees on base showcasing their fall colors. So bright and cheery! Ross and Janet picked a perfect time to visit. It has been dreary, cold, and rainy almost daily since they left. October 2010 is WIDE open for visitors just so you know.
Anyone recognize this? Did you guess Gelisi Antonio winery? Yes, this is the third time I've been there. But their wine is so good and Roberta is so kind to us. Even when I was explaining how sweet she has been to me and she suggested sweet wines to taste...just a bit of a language barrier!
And here we are with Tony, Hollie, and Ceci at Cellini's. We are here a lot--even Ross & Janet ate here twice during their visit.

1 comment:

  1. You know, I think I can do this Italian stuff. Just walk into a winery....and...they start serving you wine....good wine. Evan and Courtney have made some good friends here in Italy like they do wherever they go. We enjoyed meeting their friends and families.

    ReplyDelete