Me and the owner. I scolded him afterwards because he did not smile. He said, "Oh yes, that is what I always do for the camera". He was very laid back and so friendly with us and all the explanations of the different types of wine and why they tasted the way they did. I purchased two reds and two whites--nothing compared to MB's haul that filled her trunk!
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
When all else fails, drink wine.
We met Mary Beth through a friend. She will PCS to Little Rock AFB this week so we think it's only fate that we met. She had a few days to play before leaving for the states so I helped her run some errands last week. Come on, what am I supposed to say when she asked me to visit a winery for a last-minute pickup?
We visited Ca'Madresca in Fiume Veneto (about 25 min. from base). She knows the owner and has visited many times. It was during reposo (Itaian naptime) but he opened just for us. We drank, um tasted, about 10 wines and ended with tasting his flavored liqueurs. Don't worry Grandpa, the plastic cups were for the liqueur, not the wine!
Friends can bring their cask in and have it filled with wine for a very low price--those are spiggots on the containers. The box is MB's first case of wine. She meant business.
Me and the owner. I scolded him afterwards because he did not smile. He said, "Oh yes, that is what I always do for the camera". He was very laid back and so friendly with us and all the explanations of the different types of wine and why they tasted the way they did. I purchased two reds and two whites--nothing compared to MB's haul that filled her trunk!
Me and the owner. I scolded him afterwards because he did not smile. He said, "Oh yes, that is what I always do for the camera". He was very laid back and so friendly with us and all the explanations of the different types of wine and why they tasted the way they did. I purchased two reds and two whites--nothing compared to MB's haul that filled her trunk!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This is really neat. Through your blog, I feel like I am in Italy. Soon, Janet and I will be there to visit. Please don't drink all the wine. We want some too.
ReplyDelete