Monday, January 18, 2009
While in Garmisch we visited the small army base there and shopped at their AAFES (think a cross between Walmart and Target--sort of). We picked up two sleds and we were able to use them the next day. As we left the gorge, we could not pass up the opportunity for sledding on small, snow-covered hills in open territory.
** Warning: Imagine we had a video and put the pictures together for a quick slideshow. There were tons and I chose my favorites.Evan on his way up the first small hill.

And off he goes.

The camera was on continuous shooting. Making his way off the top of the hill.

Turning backwards.

And the ending!

My favorite pic of the sledding. He loved it!

He went a little further up this time.

Here he comes!

Whoa! He's gained some speed and catches a little air.

He passes me up at top speed.

One more time, at the highest hill. I mean, besides the mountain behind him.

He hits the small hill and is on the move!

See how his pants are full of air--he is going fast.

And there he is--the dramatic yet oh-so-graceful STOP right before the fenceline.

Since he did so well, he had to try it just one more time.

At this point I'm having trouble keeping the camera stable from laughing!

My turn! Keep in mind these pictures are better because I'm traveling at a turtle's pace but loving it. The only sledding I've ever done is on a pizza pan, with my mom in our driveway.

Finding my balance.

Okay, got it going in the right direction again.

I think I'm going really fast. I am not.

I finally got a little spin going.

Turned backwards. Mad skills I know.
We had a great time and both were very cold and wet afterwards but it was SO worth it!
omgosh - love it! That looks like SOOO MUCH much!!!!! Great pics too ;)
ReplyDeleteHa! Ha! Ha! Hilarious!!! LOVE it and wish we were doing it with y'all!
ReplyDelete