Friday, March 30, 2012

80's Prom

AOCSC and ACES, the other Spouse club, co-hosted a night with an 80's Prom Theme. It was a fun night of dressing up, having fun, eating candy, and having a fun Girl's Night Out. There are men in the spouse group but apparently they didn't want to wear their ruffly, blue tuxes. So it was just us girls with our Aquanet hairspray, bubble gum, big bows, and even bigger hair.
Missy, Christy, and I had a lot of fun taking fun yet awkward photos in reference to our height--Christy has it and we don't! We were trying to think back at the cheesy prom pictures we took and how awkward some of them were or even our 8th grade dance pictures where you just don't know how to stand or pose.Some of the attire was just 80s in general: leg-warmers, leather pants, fingerless gloves. And some were actual prom dresses from the era. I am wearing Ashley's prom dress from 1991. Not exactly 80s but it worked with the huge bow in the back. Stephanie actually had the exact same dress in pink from her 8th grade dance. Missy (in pink) is wearing a bridesmaid dress from her sister's wedding. Amy (in black & gold) won our Prom Queen contest--you can't really tell but her hair was super hair-sprayed and teased.The game we played that night was Snope which I had never heard of. It's a really fun card game with dice, similar to bunco. Everyone brought a gift of $15 of something they might actually want and put it in a brown paper bag. At the end of the night, everyone went home with something!The 2011-2012 AOCSC Board, minus a few. Great fun and a great experience. Hard work but so worth it--I will miss it next year!

2 comments:

  1. I was just thinking how much more 80's my pink dress would look--even though it was the exact same year. What can I say?? A & I have good taste!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What?!? how much fun does this look! It's so great how much fun AOCSC is getting now....I had to attend 3+ years of boring luncheons before they started getting really good right at the end. So many cute photos -- maybe I'll ask to do this sometime for an OSC event here in korea

    ReplyDelete