We went to the Annual Chili Cook off at the legal office. Mine won for the spiciest--I was a little surprised since there isn't really anything spicy in the chili, but I'll take it nonetheless.
On our afternoon walks, I have been bundling the boys up in their bear outfits. They usually grab them for me and they are super cozy and warm for our walk. Evan calls them his little wookies.
-helps me put the canned goods away.
-pushes all the drawers in on our chests-of-drawer in our bedroom.
-closes doors that are usually closed (bathroom, pantry, utility).
-when the music comes on, he grabs the mat by the window and has to sit on or next to it. I have no idea where this came from.
-helps put the toys away before bath time.
-Collects books, cars, and item of multiples and stores and sorts them multiple times during the day.
Eli:
-dances a lot.
-talks to himself and Porter during play time.
-likes to sit in his bedroom chair and sit with a book. Sometimes it's upside-down but he sits and talks to the pages.
-grabs a toy to put away, gets side-tracked, plays with Porter's toy that Porter just put away, then gets up and leaves again. Meanwhile his original toy is sitting somewhere along his path. Focus, focus, focus.
-While I get Porter in his pjs, Eli dances around in Porter's bed (closest to the changing table) naked. I throw his towel back on him to keep him occupied and focused on something other than tee-teeing in Porter's bed, which happens every now and again. When it does happen, he is so surprised at what is happening. As I'm like, NO! Wait, Eli, and then I apologize to Porter a hundred times.
Both of them:
-Take old burp-rags out of their drawer in the kitchen and clean up the dining room area where they eat.
-Move the 2 big chairs together and sit next to each other in the dining room and get really quiet. This is how I know they're in the chairs while I'm cleaning off their trays/bibs, because it all of a sudden gets quiet. They are usually talking to each other in a low voice.
-Takes the other one his drink when one gets his cup.
-Say please when prompted and sometimes without a prompt. Eli says thank you for a lot of things, including things that don't need a thank you. Porter will say it with a prompt.
-Climb all 3 flights of stairs.
-Give hugs and kisses.
-Eat their cheerios in the morning at the windowsill and wave to the Italian kids when they cross our street at 7:40 a.m.
-Know the button on their dog that plays the "Head, Shoulders, Knees, & Toes" song and press through all the other prompts to play it over and over.
-Like to do the motions to "If You're Happy and You Know It", especially the stomping feet part.
-Take their shoes to the basket when we take them off once we get home.
-Put their clothes in the basket when it's time for bath.
-Notice dogs when we are on our walks or from the windows. They bark (woof) at them and Porter especially gets very excited and squeals sometimes. They have both seen Cash on Skype recently and bark at him too. Can't wait until they're all together.
They also do plenty of things that aren't as charming or cute. Such as when Porter screams or swats towards Eli when Eli grabs one of his collectibles. Or when Eli just stands next to Porter and for no reason at all takes the ball in his hand and bops it on Porter's head. But besides these two issues that are off the top of my head, I prefer to focus on only those cute and charming behaviors above. At the end of the day, I still take a deep breath that not only is the day over and we all made it, but that tomorrow is another day and we all get a do-over.
No comments:
Post a Comment