Saturday, June 25, 2011

Porter and Eli: 12 months

Standing at the window is how we spend a lot of our time everyday. They crawl over, pull up, and play. Every now and then we'll see the lady who gardens for the dentist.
Twins.Pumpkin bread from a local bakery. They devoured it, I'm not even sure Evan and I ate any.
They are usually pretty good about playing in and with the wagon. Porter likes to push and Eli likes his ride.
Big bath for the first time!
Fun while Evan pushes them up the outside steps at our house. The stroller leans back and on the way up--peek-a-boo!
I walked into their room to find this. Two little boys have rearranged the stuff to get to the window.
Disclaimer: There is a screen between Eli and the outside world, and a set of bars. Still dangerous? Yes. But it's also 89 degrees in our house and we need some air circulation!
Water break.
Love Eli's face in this one!Two sheep are better than one.
Eli bit Porter. I have a vampire on my hands.
Beautiful hydrangeas!
Making eyes at Savannah at playgroup. They have really started pushing all the push toys and walkers around. PG has several so it's fun to watch what they do when we get there.
Allison, who was an angel sent to me when the boys were born, is leaving! She started coming to help me when the boys were almost 3 months old. She kept me company and helped me feed them and freed up my arms so I could wash bottles, dishes, and finally after 2 months of nervousness--leave them so I could go run errands. She is pregnant now with her own little one and she will be a fantastic mother. Porter and Eli love her. She is moving to Spangahlem, Germany.
We play hide-and-seek a lot--with blankets, books, toys. They sometimes don't cover their face all the way so it's fun to watch them pull something above their head and their little eyes are still on you.
Two rattles are better than one.I chew gum a lot. Lately when I'm changing Eli's diaper or putting him in his car-seat or really anything where I'm one-on-one with him and I have gum--he chews with me. So funny!

Porter has been rolling his lips for a while now and it has really picked up the past couple of weeks. Especially during our cruise. He rolls his lips and makes noise up and down with his breath. Too cute! This is the picture I used for their birthday invite.
First time they crawled into the shower.
This is how they get around sometimes. They get one item in each hand and crawl all over the place. It's crazy how fast they still are with 2 toys in their hands. Eli is making his puffy face where he puffs his cheeks and blows air out his mouth.Missy met us at the park nearby to play. She brought Henry, less than 1 month old, and the boys had a fun time seeing a baby and touching baby's head.
Porter's first curls.
We celebrated Daegan's birthday with an Elmo bash!
This last month the wagon has turned into a sort of weapon. Not only can they push it fast down the hall, but they can run into the other one! Porter does a lot of kissing while he's walking--smooches here and there if I'm talking to him while he's playing. Eli kisses with his tongue out and mouth wide open! They have also started to dance or wobble when I sing or dance. They bob their heads side-to-side. They also wave all the time. We will take a walk to the square and a lot of the people we pass will wave--Porter and Eli (who I can't see in the stroller) are waving to them.
It has been a long road to make it to one year, but Porter and Eli are worth every moment, every second of lost sleep, every battle over food--on to year two. And as long as it seems, I look at these pictures and feel like just a few days ago they were in their car-seats on the way home from the hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment