Friday, January 28, 2011

Sledding

January 22, 2011

Since Evan played golf in Cansiglio last September, he has been talking about going back with friends for lunch. So that's just what we did today. We drove up the mountain and found a lunch spot that was a. open and b. had great food. Our bonus was the owner spoke English, although we still enjoy trying to interpret and speak the Italian when given the opportunity. And by "opportunity", I mean try the Italian and then have him completely understand what we're trying to say because he knows English.

The entire family came out to greet us because our group, Danielle, the Robinsons, Chris and his daughter Liz, and us, took up almost the entire little space reserved for lunch. The daughter served us and the grandfather and dad cooked--I'm sure there were some other family members in the kitchen too! Missy and I gave some bread to the boys--their first! They really liked it. It was a nice break from a bottle or baby food for them.

Then we went to the golf course, which is now covered in snow, to go sledding. It was the most fun I have had in a long time. Porter and Eli enjoyed a little nap, all bundled up in the stroller, while we hooted, hollered, slid, laughed, and rolled in the snow. Here are our bear-bundles getting ready to go. The third layer of clothes has now immobilized them.
Danielle all geared up for sledding.
Chris is ready too! He brought the majority of the sleds.
Lizzie doesn't waste any time getting started.
Dad and daughter--they set a record for one of the farthest distances.
4 year old Andrew has NO fear as he tackles the hill.
On a smaller sled, he knew just how to navigate--just put your hands down and now it goes backwards!
Porter and Eli really wanted to go. Next year boys.
Me and my sled partner, Ella. At one point she was telling me about her pants that "go all the way up to her shoulder with a strap" (ski bibs right?). I then point out the jacket has to go on next, otherwise, she would be chilly. She replied, "I don't want to eat any chili". Well me neither girlfriend! Let's get to sledding! I love me some Ella-bella.
The Robinson family: Brett with Ella and Missy with Andrew.
Family pic with the gorgeous view. We had a perfect day to get out with friends.
Favorite picture of the day. I just love these boys--all 3 of them.

2 comments:

  1. love Love LOVE the last two photos of the 4 of you -- what a gorgeous day and what an even more gorgeous family!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That last picture is beautiful!! I love it! You all look great & look like you're having a good time! :)

    ReplyDelete